by Rachel Bickel
Fall is just around the corner and to kick-start things there are a couple of fun events for good causes going on in our neighborhood.
On September 7, 2012 Humboldt Park Social Services (HPSS) will host their 9th Annual Gala to celebrate the year’s accomplishments and toast to the future. Among the accomplishments they will be commemorating – the launch of their new name (The Center for Changing Lives) and the expansion of their supportive service center by 4,300 square feet. All funds from the gala will be used to help families living in transitional housing move into permanent housing in time for the holidays.
The gala information follows:
- When: Friday, September 7, 2012; 6:00pm-9:00pm
- Where: Humboldt Park Boathouse; 1440 N. Sacaramento Ave
- What: A $75 ticket gets you a night of wine, hors d’oerves, live music, and a silent auction
Find more information visit http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/jennie/2012Gala
Additionally, the Alliance of Local Service Organizations (ALSO) is hosting the “Your Life is My Life” Fundraiser on Wednesday, September 12, 2012. This may have particular relevance for those of you have seen the movie “The Interrupters.” ALSO is the lead organization for CeaseFire in Logan Square and Humboldt Park.
- When: Wednesday, September 12, 2012; 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Where: West on North (2509 W. North Ave.)
- What: Tickets are $25 each for free appetizers, and cash bar ($2 for select draft, wine, and soda)
For more information visit www.also-chicago.org