by Joe Scarry.
Thanks to everyone who participated in a very successful Ministry Fair on Sunday, October 28, after worship! For those who were not present, or who need a reminder about some of the opportunities discussed, below are ways you can get involved. See ministry leaders for full details!
- Join us for hospitality outreach at Humboldt Park Social Services and the Night Ministry
- Help contribute to the work of the Logan Square Neighborhood Association (LSNA)
- Attend the next open meeting of the Social Justice Ministry following worship on Sunday, December 2
- For more opportunities, see Lora Salley (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Become a worship assistant by helping to carry the cross, become an usher, or join your voice or other instrumental talents to our music program
- To join this ministry to help St. Luke’s explore the fullest possible range of worship experience, see Dale Hoiberg (email@example.com)
Education and Faith Formation
- Sign up for one of the classes listed in the narthex
- Help develop additional courses for 2013
- Tell us what you are looking for in faith formation
- See Scott Shippy (firstname.lastname@example.org) for other opportunities.
Finance and Stewardship
- “This can really a lot of fun!”
- Help develop the long-term capital plan
- Help develop the final budget that will be submitted for approval at the January congregational meeting
- Plan for the Annual Stewardship Campaign
- See Noel Spain (email@example.com) for more opportunities.
- Join the committee that meets with our event partner, Star Events
- Help determine the community co-sponsor plan for the 2013 Boulevard
- See Noel Spain (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more opportunities
- Join us to help distribute fixings for turkey dinners Sunday, November 18, after worship
- Help at the pantry Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:00 am – noon
- See Pat Kuhlman for more info.
- Contact any member of Church Council for discussion of other possibilities that were discussed that don’t fall under the ministry areas listed above.