As the seasons change from summer to autumn, we’ll be beginning a new season of Sunday morning adult education accompanied by Brian McLaren and his new book, “We Make the Road by Walking: A Year-Long Quest for Spiritual Formation, Reorientation, and Activation” and a series of short video segments produced in friendship by Brian and The Work of the People.
This 6-week adult forum series will give us a chance to return to some basic themes of Christian faith, practice and identity — hopefully folding new people into our weekly conversations as we all explore questions about how the faith that is in us impacts how we live our life together as a church, and as God’s people in the wider world.
We’ll meet on Sunday mornings in the Lesher Lounge on the 2nd floor of the parish house from 9am to 10am beginning on Sunday, September 14 and concluding on Sunday, October 19.
- 9/14: Seeking Aliveness: Faith — “What does it mean to be alive in the story of creation?”
- 9/21: Seeking Aliveness: Jesus — “What does it mean to be alive in the adventure of Jesus?”
- 9/28: Seeking Aliveness: The Spirit — “What does it mean to be alive in the spirit of God?”
- 10/5: Seeking Aliveness: The Word — “What does it mean to tell better stories and to be alive in the ongoing uprising of peace, freedom, justice, and compassion?”
- 10/12: We Make the Road by Walking, Pt. 1 — “Will we wait and become stagnate, or will we become protagonists in our own stories?”
- 10/19: We Make the Road by Walking, Pt. 2 — “Where is this story taking us?”
You may find it helpful to get your hands on a copy of Brian’s book before, during, or after the series, though it’s not required. All that’s needed is your interest and openness to listening to and sharing with one another. I hope you’ll join us!